Freeman Enclosure Systems offers turn-key integration and packaging for diesel and gas generators ranging from 20kW to 4,000kW. We also offer custom switchgear and equipment enclosures. The generator manufacturer’s standard warranty is matched up to two years and extended warranty options are available.
Walls and Roofs
All enclosure walls are modular panel construction with welded & caulked seams. Structural materials may be incorporated when required for certain seismic or size/weight driven applications. Our peaked roofs are constructed with a formed outer frame and cross-members, and sheeting is welded over the top with standing seams and formed seam caps.
- 14ga & 12ga Galvannealed Steel
- 14ga & 12ga Stainless Steel 304/316
- 0.125 Type 5052 Aluminum
Using high grade wall insulation materials, sound louvers, hoods, and baffle sections, Freeman Enclosure Systems can provide sound attenuation solutions for almost any project.
- Level 1 (L1): 6-10 dB(A) reduction @ 7m (23ft)
- Level 2 (L2): 12-16 dB(A) reduction @ 7m (23ft)
- Level 3 (L3): 18-22 dB(A) reduction @ 7m (23ft)
- Level 4 (L4): 24-30+ dB(A) reduction @ 7m (23ft)
- GSP: Guaranteed Sound Performance enclosures are backed by third party calculations and design influence to reach a specified sound level.
Freeman understands the importance of air flow design and how it affects the performance of your generator set. Our Sales, Design, and Engineering departments use volume and face velocity calculations to ensure a proper configuration on every project. We can also provide more detailed third party air flow calculations by request.
Certifications & Compliance Capabilities
- UL 2200 Classified Engine Generator Enclosure Construction
- UL 508A
- ISO 9001 (2015)
- IBC / ASCE-6-07 / BSSC
- IIBC (Industrialized Interstate Building Commission)
- NFPA 70 (NEC)
- NFPA 110
Features & Options
- Single and double personnel access doors
- Stainless Steel hinges and latches
- Keyed alike with padlocking provisions
- Interior release push buttons
- Door holdbacks
- Rubberized gasket seals
- Drip rails over all door openings
- Optional viewing windows
- Optional push-bar panic hardware
- Standard 100mph wind load rating (up to 180mph available)
- Walk-in or skin tight reach-in designs
- Grounding tabs for generator set, etc.
- Slip Resistant floor coatings
- Optional engine fluid drain lines & spill containment
- Optional automatic louvers/dampers
- Optional thermal insulation, heaters, and fans
Finishes & Coatings
Freeman Enclosure Systems uses automotive grade wet-spray paint systems and has the ability to match almost any color. Every enclosure and base is surface-prepped and sprayed with a two-component epoxy primer/sealer. Enclosures are finished with a high gloss two-component aliphatic polyurethane top coat. Bases are finished with slip-resistant textured polyurea (bed liner) coating. Optional multi-layer coating systems for coastal and harsh environment applications are also available.